This flavourful soup is quick and easy to put together for a weeknight meal. Myfitnesspal estimates each serving to be about 20.6 net carbs. For a lower carb version, omit the rice and add extra vegetables.
Thai seafood soup
Creamy and mildly spicy, this soup welcomes shrimp, scallops, or any other seafood!
- 1 cup uncooked brown or wild rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen sea scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onion, diced
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste (I used the Blue Dragon brand)
- 2 (12-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper to the stockpot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute. 3.Whisk in curry paste until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes. 6.Stir in rice, lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Let me know how it turns out!