This is my favourite low-carb pie crust recipe, and it is truly easy to make! It can be made sweet or savoury, and can hold any type of filling. This quiche recipe has approximately 5.6 net carbs per serving according to MyFitnessPal.
- For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp pesto (I use the Kirkland brand from Costco)
- 250 g goat cheese (1 small log)
- 6 whole large eggs
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For the filling:
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, salt, and garlic powder (if using). Stir in the melted butter until the dough resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn out into a glass or ceramic pie plate. Press firmly with fingers into bottom and up sides. Prick all over with a fork before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Pre-bake the crust unfilled for 10 minutes.
- Spoon pesto into bottom of pie crust. Beat eggs and almond milk in a small bowl. Pour egg mixture into pie crust. Cut goat cheese into slices and arrange/crumble on top of the quiche.
- Place quiche back into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until eggs have set and the crust is golden brown.