Creamy, light, fruity, and mildly sweet. A perfect summertime dessert! Only 6 g net carbs per serving according to MyFitnessPal (including optional sugar).
Inspired by: Cincy Shopper
See #1 below.
- 16 oz (453 g) softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 lb strawberries
- 16 oz (473 mL) heavy whipping cream
- For the crust, I used the same crust as the one in my low-carb quiche recipe, minus the garlic powder. You can add 2 tbsp of brown sugar if you want to make it a bit sweeter. I pressed the crust into the bottom (not up the sides) of a 10-inch spring form pan and baked for 20 minutes (or until golden brown) at 350F. Let cool before adding the filling!
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar (if using) until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor. Fold strawberry puree into cream cheese mixture until fully blended.
- Spread mixture evenly into crust.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before trying to remove the spring form pan. Remove the spring form while the cake is still frozen. Allow to thaw 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries, whipped cream, mint leaves, or strawberry sauce.