Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canadians!
This recipe delivers all of the familiar and comforting flavours of pumpkin pie, but without all the carbs and sugar. This goes really well with freshly whipped cream.
Pumpkin pie without all of the carbs and sugar, but with all of the Thanksgiving flavour! 5.5 net grams of carbs per serving according to MyFitnessPal.
- Low carb crust (I used the one from my quiche recipe, but added cinnamon)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (I roasted and pureed mine the night before, you could also used canned pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Prepare pie crust according to directions.
- Mix pumpkin, sweetener, and spices using a hand or standing mixer. Beat in egg and yolks. Stir in heavy cream.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, or until the middle of the pie is set. Store in the refrigerator.